A fire had broken out in a communal area on a property in Chickerell Road, Weymouth on the 2nd of August, sparking a response from emergency services.
A chair was lit on fire according to witnesses in the communal area of the three story building.
In a statement Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service have said:
“We were called to a property on Chickerell Road at 11:30pm yesterday to attend a property fire. Crews from Weymouth and Portland attended the incident and on arrival found a fire within the ground floor communal area of a three storey building. Four breathing apparatus wearers used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and there were no casualties. The stop message came in just after midnight and firefighters remained on scene until 1:30am. The cause of the fire has not been confirmed in the log”