The award-winning Dorset Seafood Festival was held this weekend on the 10th & 11th of September.
The Dorset Seafood Festival is a two-day event, held at The Weymouth Peninsula Weymouth. The event is to celebrate Dorset’s inseparable links with the sea and its fishing communities.
Providing a positive educational value in a fun, enjoyable way, the festival aims to:
- Promote seafood in the interests of the nation’s health
- Encourage people, especially young people, to eat more fish
- Promote sustainability and responsible fishing
- Enrich people’s knowledge of seafood and the seafood industry
- Develop links throughout Dorset with the fishing industry, processors, suppliers, restaurants and hotels
- Promote the excellence of local produce
- Attract students into the catering industry
- Raise charitable funds for The Fishermen’s Mission
The two-day event featured:
- FREE children’s cookery workshop.
- Live performances by local musicians.
- Demonstrations from top chefs.
- A great selection of seafood dishes to try and buy.
The Event was lucky enough to have two days of glorious Sunshine, Which attracted thousands of seafood-loving visitors. Whilst raising funds for a great cause, the Fishermen’s Mission – the vital port of call for fishermen and their families.